Excerpt from our Mid Year Trends Report
Video WILL dominate IP traffic growth (Cisco)
Online video content encourages sharing, interactivity and more importantly engagement.
- Video – more than 91% of global consumer IP traffic by 2014. (CISCO)
- Americans would choose the Internet over TV if they could only access one of the two (Hitwise_US)
- ESPN World Cup 4.4 billion online minutes -semifinals.
- 110,000 people per minute monitored World Cup action during the tournament
- Nike Write the Future almost 20 M YouTube views
- Adidas – Star Wars™ Cantina 2010 almost 4 M YouTube views
- More targeted audience opportunity for less intrusive connection
- Influence social sharing of content by creating personalized experiences
- Meaningful analysis of interaction “where” offers context
- Personalization and control of viewing experience
- Less concern about recording / dvr
- Easy to share and embed video content
NIKE WRITE THE FUTURE – Nike needed a perfect opportunity to strengthen the swoosh as a global force in Football. Nike tried to capitalize on the significance of individual viewing moments, how they really do stimulate global connections…and perhaps “WRITE” the world.