A dedicated Green Builder, Decker Homes, is preparing for The 2010 Fall Parade of Homes in their local area. They have collaborated with several manufacturers to design and construct an “ideal” energy-savvy home and anticipate strong attendance.
Traditional marketing initiatives have been outlined and are certain to serve @deckerhomes very well.
Now it’s time to think about a mobile and social approach for sharing information and extending the experience beyond the tour visit.
We have advised the use of QR codes for all printed material: take-alongs and stationary signage.
Why are QR codes important?
Difference between “TAKE it with you” and “KEEP it with you”
For small businesses we strongly suggest taking full advantage of mobile tools and the integration of social platforms. These tools not only extend the brand experience, but also enable sharing.
Include a QR code that links to relevant information…
For Decker Homes
- Additional information or videos from Decker Homes – Parade of Homes online
- Instant video or more information that is easily accessible long after the event
For Partners /Manufacturers
- Additional information on products and services found throughout the home
- Excellent form of b2b collaboration
- Extend brand experience
- Interactive personal connection to content via instant video download
- Emotional connections are created that compel users to share the experience with friends and family
- Information stays with the user and is easily shared
Full use of location based tools for check-in would also be very good to see.
- Extends the experience “Fun”
- Non-intrusive positioning within the visitors social places
- Discounts or “connectors” can also be offered
In addition – Facebook ads will be targeted to identify those most likely to attend The Parade of Homes; as selected by local demographics and appointed to personal interests.
Decker Homes is a LEADER in energy efficiency and renewable energy solutions for residential new construction
MORE: Mobile and QR codes available in our Emerging Global Trends Report